With sufficient recycle amenities available for locals in the Crumlin area already, with many of these a very short distance away, including;
- Sundrive Supervalu Recycle Facility [within 650m]
- Rutland Grove Bring Centre [within 700m]
- Crumlin Shopping Centre Recycle Facility [within 750m]
- Windmill Civic Amenity Centre [within 950m]
- Dolphin Barn recycling at fire station [within 1.4km]
Sundrive Residents Group, together with Crumlin Cleanup, D12 Litter Action Group supported by local councillors worked together with DCC Waste Management services on the removal of the recycling bank which was poorly situated in a residential and prominent open green space area. The banks were redistributed to the other local recycling facilities. The removal of this bank has had an enormously positive impact this has on littering & dumping in our community.
The photos below show some of the issues that were occurring on a regular basis.